is the Law Poster Supplement
EEO es la Ley cartel
Suplemento del documento EEO es la Ley
WI Contract Compliance Law
Colorado Anti-Discrimination Laws (English and
Employee Polygraph Protection Action
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Housing Specialist - Case Manager - Milwaukee, WI
FT/PT Status:Social Services
Location:Milwaukee Clinic (WI)
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we offer! https://viventhealth.org/get-involved/careers/
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health! https://youtu.be/5bu5M6m-GhI
Videos to explore!
1) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
2) How is HIV Transmitted? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
3) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
4) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
5) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
Position PurposeScope of Responsibilities
The Housing Specialist - Case Manager position provides intensive assistance to clients who are homeless or struggling with housing instability, especially those whose HIV health outcomes are impacted by their housing status. Through achievement of safe, affordable and stable housing, health outcomes will be improved and viral suppression attained.
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $225 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
In collaboration with Vivent Health Case Management, Housing, Medical and Quality staff, identify Milwaukee and Madison area clients/patients who are not virally suppressed with housing instability as a major contributing factor. Perform outreach to Milwaukee area clients to offer linkage to case management and housing services, referral to other agency and community services, education to improve housing literacy, and assistance with housing searches.
- Identify and interview clients for eligibility for application to HOPWA and Ryan White Housing programs. Assist with applications to programs and facilitate assistance.
- Assist in locating affordable housing for homeless clients or those applying to or on HOPWA or Ryan White housing programs. Evaluate credit and criminal background checks for clients to gain full understanding of eligibility factors and barriers to housing. Verify property ownership and conduct Housing Quality Inspections for potential units. Negotiate fair market rents with landlords and coordinate lease-signing with clients and landlords. Advocate for the clients and mediate disputes or conflicts between landlords and tenants. Refer to and coordinate with the Legal Services Program for cases with unresolved landlord / tenant problems.
- Work with HOPWA and Ryan White Housing clients to transition clients to long-term, stable and independent living. This will be accomplished through identifying new or increased income sources, either through employment or disability income, with referrals given to employment services as needed. Exploration of permanent, subsidized housing programs, such as Section 8 and VA Housing, will also be performed.
- Provide individualized, intensive housing education appropriate to the client's current and future living situation, including on rent affordability, appropriate income to rent ratios, components of tenant leases, and good tenant and neighbor behavior. Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities as a tenant. Assist with development of and encourage adherence to a personal budget through proactive housing and budget counseling sessions that review income, expenses, and past due debt.
- Identify unmet client needs and provide appropriate referrals and resources, both those within ARCW and those in the community. Collaborate with case manager and/or housing program personnel on the creation of multidisciplinary service plans.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationship with key community partners to locate and assist those living with HIV who seek care and services elsewhere to address their clients' housing needs. This includes other HIV/AIDS Agencies such as 16th Street Clinic, Froedtert Infectious Disease, Milwaukee Health Services, Outreach Health, and UW Hospitals and Clinics, as well as homeless shelters and community housing agencies.
- Maintain current documentation of all client activities and assistance in Provide Enterprise and document required activities in the HMIS / Service Point system.
- Contribute as an active member of the Social Services Department by participating in staff meetings, client staffings, in-service trainings and workshops, department or agency planning activities, assisting in special projects, and providing support, peer mentoring and training to co-workers.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of areas regarding HIV disease, HIV and STI risk reduction, mental health issues, case management activities, housing resources, Fair Housing, HOPWA and Ryan White programs, and other related issues through self-study and participation in trainings, workshops and in-services in consultation with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Required Experience and Skills
- Baccalaureate or graduate degree in social work, health care or a human service discipline from an accredited college or university. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- Minimum of two years' experience offering direct client contact in a community based social service or health service agency.
- Knowledge of housing laws and regulations.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective communication with culturally diverse populations from a wide range of life circumstances and backgrounds.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including counseling and assessment skills.
- Ability to effectively organize work products and files, keep clear records, and manage time well so as to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Willingness to travel within the designated territory and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Valid Driver's License, insurable Driving Record and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
- Ability to work remotely - computer at home
- Computer skills that include at minimum a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Pre-employment & Annual TB Test and influenza vaccination.
Additional Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of medical, dental, mental health and social work delivery systems.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and related issues and/or experience working with people with a life threatening illness.
- Familiarity with existing housing agencies and community based organizations.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions*
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* *
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify.
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements: