The Collaborative for Educational Services is seeking anItinerant Teacher (ELA, History,Math, or Science)
for the DYS Metro Region. We are looking for an innovative classroom teacherto provide direct educational instruction to youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services (DYS). Our ideal candidate will value professionalism, positive youth development, and culturally responsive teaching, and be committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.Classes are small and teachers should have a highly personalized approach with a focus on academic and behavioral success.We are a supportive team who offer teachers growth through coaching and continued professional development.Who We Are:
Dedicated and collaborative educators committed to supporting an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to succeed. Our educators help students see their world, and themselves, in a new light.
Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do...together
!This is you:
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- A passionate and mission driven educator, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- Ateacher intent on providing high quality, personalized, college and career ready education.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience with adolescents placed at-risk desired.
- Massachusetts secondary level teacher licensure (grades 8-12 preferred) in one of the following content areas aligned to teaching assignment: ELA, History,Math, or Science.
Workplace Health and Safety:
- Provide effective, high quality, culturally-responsive, direct educational instruction to youth assigned to DYS across the various concentrations of study.
- Participate and implement effective instructional strategies and research based curriculum per the direction of CES and DYS.
- Integrate individual student's education background information to design instruction, including IEP goals and objectives, 504 plans, education and career goals, and accommodations as needed.
- Maintain an effective, creative, and balanced learning environment that meets the needs of all students.
- Teach in multiple programs across a region as scheduled by Regional or Assistant Regional Education Coordinator.
CES employees working on site in DYS, DMH, DPH or CHC facilities are required to demonstrate that they have received COVID-19 vaccination.Compensation scale:
SEIU CBA salary scale based on licensure and education. Range $43,000-$67,000CES Benefits:
CES offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and voluntary Short Term Disability, enhanced Vision and additional Life Insurance. Health Insurance is offered through Tufts/Harvard Pilgrim and includes two plan options: PPO with a self-funded Health Savings Account, and HMO with a Health Reimbursement Account funded by CES to support a portion of health insurance deductions. FSA and Dependent Care accounts are available. Teachers are eligible for retirement through MTRS. Professional development and mentoring offered throughout the school year.Application Procedure:
Apply Online atCES Career page. Please upload your cover letter, resume, references and licensure.Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
View Full Job Description (PDF)