The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking a substitute teacher to teach at-risk adolescents in residential facilities run by the Western Region of the Department of Youth Services. This is an excellent opportunity to experience teaching in an alternative setting in which you can make a difference in the life of a young person. We hope you will join us in this rewarding work!
Who We Are: Dedicated and collaborative educators committed to supporting an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to succeed. Our educators help students see their world, and themselves, in a new light.
We value: Cutting-edge and culturally responsive instruction, which builds on student strengths. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do... together!
This is you:
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- You hold a Bachelor's degree and/or a MA teacher license; Math and/or Science background a plus.
- You have a passion for teaching, or have taught, youth who have been placed at risk.
- You welcome an opportunity to teach small, personalized classes which focus on academic and behavioral success.
- Provide effective, high quality, direct educational instruction to youth assigned to DYS.
- Participate and implementeffective instructional strategies and research based curriculum.
- Provide substitute teaching instruction, which may involve traveling between locations.
View Full Job Description (PDF)