The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking a passionate classroom Math/Science Teacher
to provide direct educational instruction to youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services (DYS) in Brockton, MA. Our ideal candidate will value professionalism, positive youth development, andculturally responsive teaching, and be committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk. Classes are small and teachers should have a highly personalized approach with a focus on academic and behavioral success. We are a supportive team who offers teachers growth through coaching and continued professional development. Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and a current Massachusetts teaching license in Mathematics and/or Science at the secondary level (8-12); (5-8) will be considered. Other content areas at the secondary level (8-12) may also be considered.Demonstrated successful teaching with high-risk youth highly desirableWe may also consider unlicensed applicants
- if you feel this is the right job for you, please apply! CES has a Licensure Program to help you get your teaching career off to a great start.
We value:Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do...together!
SocialJustice and Equitywork is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand thatall forms of oppression are damaging. We engage inthis work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- You have a passion for teaching all students, especially those who have been marginalized.
- You value professionalism and culturally responsive educational opportunities.
- You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- Yourecognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light;allowingthem to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
View Full Job Description (PDF)