The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking a passionate classroomELA/History Teacher
to provide direct educational instruction to youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services (DYS) in South Hadley, MA. Our ideal candidate will value professionalism, positive youth development, andculturally responsive teaching, and be committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk. Classes are small and teachers should have a highly personalized approach with a focus on academic and behavioral success. We are a supportive team who offers teachers growth through coaching and continued professional development. Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University (Masters Degree desirable), as well as asecondary level (8-12) Massachusetts teacher license inELA or History.
Demonstrated successful teaching with high-risk youth highly desirable.Successful candidates may be eligible for the teacher loan forgiveness program for up to $17,500.
We value:Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do...together!
SocialJustice and Equitywork is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand thatall forms of oppression are damaging. We engage inthis work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- You have a passion for teaching all students, especially those who have been marginalized.
- You value professionalism and culturally responsive educational opportunities.
- You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- Yourecognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light;allowingthem to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
Working Conditions:Onsite work with teachers and specialist at DYS programs and host agencies.
Workplace Health and Safety: CES employees working on site in DYS, DMH, DPH or CHC facilities are required to demonstrate that they have received COVID-19 vaccination.
Compensation scale:SEIU CBA salary scale based on licensure and education. Range $43,000-$67,000
CES Benefits:CES offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and voluntary Short Term Disability, enhanced Vision and additional Life Insurance. Health Insurance is offered through Tufts/Harvard Pilgrim and includes two plan options: PPO with a self-funded Health Savings Account, and HMO with a Health Reimbursement Account funded by CES to support a portion of health insurance deductions. FSA and Dependent Care accounts are available. Teachers are eligible for membership in the Teachers Retirement System, MTRS.Professional development and mentoring offered throughout the school year.
Application Procedure:Apply Online atCES Career page. Please upload your cover letter, resume, references and licensure.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
View Full Job Description (PDF)