Part-Time Dental Hygienist
2111 Champa St, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks aPart-Time Dental Hygienistto perform dental prophylaxis, applying topical fluorides, examining teeth and gums, instructing patients on proper dental care, and assisting the dentist with procedures as required. This position is located at 2111 Champa, Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Registered Dental Hygienist Manager.
Qualified candidates are eligible for theNational Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program. Licensed health care providers mayearn funds towards student loansin exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site through this program.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing andprivilegingtimeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
Essential Job Functions
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient; uses patient screening procedures including medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting; takes patient vital signs as required.
- Delivers direct patient care using established dental hygienist procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as prophy, root planing and scaling, polishing, oral hygiene instructions and x-rays.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of the dentist.
- Provides chair-side assistance to dentist in the performance of special test, procedures, and complex treatments.
- Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents procedures and ensures follow up on results.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Performs patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients.
- Participates in the creation and development of patient and public oral health education that will provide meaningful responses to the oral health needs of adults and children who are homeless.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others; that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity; and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Record all clinical services in a timely and complete fashion in the EHR.
- Maintain up to date records in EHR.
- Record telephone and other clinical communications as needed in the EHR.
- Manage tasks, PAQ and scanning as needed to have a complete and current chart.
- Maintain accurate information regarding clients insurance status and complete CCARs/DACODs and other clinical authorization documentation as needed.
- Utilize the EHR and any future upgrades as directed
- Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Colorado required.
- Minimum 2 years of college education required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- One year of experience as a dental hygienist preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
- 2111 Champa St, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Share this job: