is the Law Poster Supplement
EEO es la Ley cartel
Suplemento del documento EEO es la Ley
WI Contract Compliance Law
Colorado Anti-Discrimination Laws (English and
Employee Polygraph Protection Action
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Limited Term (LTE) Medical Assistant - Milwaukee, WI
FT/PT Status:Medical Services
Location:Milwaukee Clinic (WI)
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we offer! https://viventhealth.org/get-involved/careers/
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health! https://youtu.be/5bu5M6m-GhI
Videos to explore!
1) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
2) How is HIV Transmitted? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
3) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
4) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
5) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
The Limited Term (LTE) Clinic Medical Assistant assists in providing health care to patients in the Medical Center Clinics. In addition, the Medical Assistant provides valuable input for day-to-day operations of the clinic.
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the medical staff and supports the delivery of the highest quality health care to Medical Center patients.
This position is expected to last approximately 6-8 weeks.
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $150 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
- Provide direct patient care including rooming patients, documentation of vital signs, vaccinations, health maintenance, ECGs and other routine clinic functions.
- Provide phlebotomy services as needed.
- Process and document patient specialty care referrals as needed.
- Import outside laboratory results into the electronic medical record.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to providers and nurses.
- Document as required in the medical record.
- Order routine medical supplies.
- Monitor/distribute faxes.
- Stock and maintain exam rooms.
- Ensure all clinic medical equipment is kept in good working order. Monitor expiration dates and routine control checks for all clinic equipment and tests.
- Comply with the Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Medical Assistant required
- One year or greater experience as a Medical Assistant
- Demonstrated knowledge of universal precautions
- Very effective and practical organizational skills
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the HIV/AIDS patient population, and/or an eagerness to learn about this community.
- An Influenza vaccine is required of all new employees at the time of employment, and is required thereafter on an annual basis.
- A tuberculin/TB skin test is required of all new employees at the time of employment, and may be required thereafter on an annual basis, depending on position.
- Basic Life Saving certification preferred
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to do detail-oriented work in a fast-paced work environment
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions*
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* *
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify.
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements: