Medical Assistant - Fort Lyon - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus
Las Animas, CO 81054, USA
Friday, April 29, 2022
The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks aMedical Assistantto be responsible for overseeing the ordering all medical supplies, vaccines, and DME across CCH health center sites. Responsible for maintaining adequate levels of stock to meet the daily distribution demands, including inventory tracking, ordering, receiving, and organizing. This position is located at 30999 Co Rd 15, Las Animas, Colorado 81054 and reports to the RN Coordinator.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing andprivilegingtimeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. Were proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes a computerized inventory management system for ordering, receiving, stocking, and tracking of all medical supplies (including DME), as well as vaccines and over the counter medications at across CCH health center sites.
- Implements and maintains inventory control procedures, including daily maintenance and organization of inventory, all distribution receiving, logistics inventory management, including product rotation and reconciling supply orders.
- Ability to forecast and prioritize appropriate supply orders based on budgetary limitations in connection with the management and nursing teams.
- Performs weekly rounds of inventory and sweeps for expired products. Responsible for the processing and disposition of all expired supplies.
- Maintain AED monthly compliance and necessary maintenance/ replacement of expired pads.
- Responsible for tracking and coordination with the medical equipment maintenance vendor for the annual inspection and maintenance of all CCH medical equipment.
- Coordinating with satellite locations to fulfill supply orders.
- Oversight of regular replacement of sharps containers for Stout Street Health Center, Champa, and Broadway offices.
- Assists with the set ups of new locations to ensure supply needs are met.
- Performs the essential job functions of a Lab Coordinator or Medical Assistant when needed.
- Record all services in a timely and complete fashion in the EHR.
- Maintain up to date records in EHR.
- Record telephone and other communications as needed in the EHR.
- Manage tasks and scanning as needed to have a complete and current chart.
- Maintain accurate information regarding clients insurance status.
- Utilize the EHR and any future upgrades as directed.
- Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
- Las Animas, CO 81054, USA
Share this job: