''Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what’s right for the resident. For me, that’s a big breath of fresh air.''
- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, our Life Enrichment Manager is responsible for consistently engaging residents in familiar routines of daily living through personalized Life Skills that ''Create Pleasant Days'' for residents. Life Skills are familiar tasks that residents enjoyed doing in the past that can still bring a sense of success, meaning and purpose in the present. The Life Enrichment Manager is responsible for designing Life Skills to reflect each resident's past interests and for providing them with encouragement, prompts and hands on assistance.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Must have Covid Vaccinations. Full Time: Sunday - ThursdayMain working area is located on our 3rd floor (Reminiscence), which is our Memory Care Neighbourhood. Responsibilities:
- Evaluates resident's interest and involvement in Life Skill, by creating meaningful and purposefully activities.
- Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident's unique needs and abilities
- Engages residents in Life Skills throughout the day and evening
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of Life Skills programming supplies
- As applicable, assist residents with daily care of any animals and/or plants as part of the Life Skills program and services.- Plan, execute and lead resident life events, holidays and celebrations in the neighbourhood.
- One (1) year experience working with memory impaired seniors
- High School diploma / GED accepted and may be required per state regulations; certification(s) may be required per state regulations
- Ability to motivate, encourage residents; knowledge of how to adapt life skills to the cognitive and functional ability of each resident
- Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow team members to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a resident's best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications