WHO is Sound Generations?
We are a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and people with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Driver to join our Hyde Shuttle Program in Seattle, WA!
The driver provides smiles and service while safely transporting seniors and people with disabilities to destinations throughout King County. Regularly conduct paratransit van inspections and maintain records. Comply with all cities, county, state, federal and program rules, laws, policies, procedure, and regulations.
- 3 weeks paid vacation! Plus, paid sick leave, 2 personal days and 10 paid holidays.
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance coverage.
- Employer paid 401k plan.
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter benefits and more!
Pay: $18.50 Hourly
Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Operate paratransit van in various traffic and environmental conditions, on schedule to various locations throughout King County in a safe, timely manner. Observe all safety precautions; communicate with other drivers and the dispatch center using a two-way radio or cell phone.
- Conduct a daily vehicle inspection of assigned vehicle prior to each use and post-trip inspection at the end of each shift. Report all vehicle safety concerns and malfunctions to supervisor.
- Greet, assist, secure passengers, and provide assistance as needed, such as opening doors, operating wheelchair lift, and escorting to buildings. Assure passenger safety and respond to passenger illness or other medical problems as needed.
- Clean vehicle interior daily including sweeping floors, wiping windows and sanitization. Refuel vehicle regularly.
- Complete and maintain required paperwork, including accurately reporting all trips, accidents, unsafe sites, and passenger safety concerns to supervisor.
- Participate in mandatory trainings and program-related meetings.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Maintain citation and (at fault) accident-free driving record.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Maintain regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Assume and discharge other related duties as assigned.
- Have a valid Washington State driver's license, clean driving record AND no moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Be at least 25 years of age, for insurance purposes.
- Be able to pass all pre-employment screenings such as DOT Physical, Drug and Alcohol Tests and maintain compliance with city, state and FTA regulations throughout employment.
- Provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination.
Sound Generations is an equal opportunity employer, and we value our diverse workforce. We welcome everyone who is interested in serving our local communities. Please contact our HR Team at email@example.com for help with accommodations or if you have any questions.
HOW do I Apply?
Please visit: https://soundgenerations.org/careers/