Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Legal Counsel- Investment
Leading and innovative financial services organisation is looking to hire an additional Legal Counsel with circa 1-4 years PQE to join their Edinburgh based team.
You will provide legal services primarily within the Investments Vector, providing high quality legal advice to business partners at all levels of seniority including senior management and executive level- this will include:
- Investment management agreements,
- Distribution agreements,
- Commercial agreements and fund related documentation,
- Assisting business partners in the process of onboarding clients,
- Collaborating with colleagues across the breadth of the business including within the Legal and Secretarial community.
- Draft and review investment management agreements, distribution agreements, fund documentation, terms of business, third party service provider agreements and other legal documents as necessary.
- Provide detailed and complex specialist legal, technical and commercial input to projects or propositions to ensure clarity, fairness and enforceability and to ensure that legal, regulatory and reputational risk is managed appropriately and interests are protected.
- Develop and maintain highly effective partnerships ensuring legal services provide the best value and support the business efficiently.
- Collaborate effectively , continually explore ways of working, and deploying resources, in a more flexible and efficient manner.
- Actively engage in cross-team collaboration with the goal of functioning as one global Legal & Secretariat team, supporting each other regardless of team line boundaries.
- Ensure the effective use of external legal firms and other suppliers to ensure the most efficient usage in support of the business where applicable.
- Proactively stay ahead of legal and relevant regulatory changes and how these will affect the group and develop a strong working knowledge of the group’s products and propositions.
- Circa 1-4 PQE years’ experience.
- Corporate and/or Financial Services experience and ideally (but not essentially) knowledge of investment management law, including funds, clients and distribution and other third party service provider agreements.
- Experience of drafting and reviewing legal agreements, have strong oral and written communication skills, have good organisational skills and be able to collaborate with and between external lawyers.
- On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
For a confidential discussion about this position, to request the full job description or to apply, please click on the Apply Button.