To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast.
To leverage our employees’ capabilities and experience to design, product, and market high quality, innovative firearms, accessories, and outdoor products that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
American Outdoor Brands was forged in innovation and the desire to produce products that support the everyday shooter, hunter, defender, and outdoorsman. AOB is coveted for its leading innovative product development capabilities and processes. The App Developer plays an important role in new product development, as well as creating additional value for the marketing and sales functions. The App Developer supports New Product Development by completing the design, development, and release of product related software and applications for a variety of different user interfaces. Additional responsibilities include developing documentation, testing, and production designs for user interfaces, as well as providing collaborative and pro-active support to product development, sales, and marketing. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and experience with hunting, shooting, and outdoor accessories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proficiencies in completing daily tasks, and broader long-term projects, involving:
o Web, Desktop, and Mobile (iOS & Android) development
Collaborate and work closely with the Product Engineers, Product Designers, and Electrical Engineers to develop web, desktop, and mobile applications (iOS & Android) to support new product launches as well as existing in-line product refreshes and expansion opportunities
Collaborate and work closely with Brand Managers, to understand customer, consumer, and general market requirements for user applications and interfaces
Collaborate and work closely with Creative, to ensure that all user applications and interfaces meet the design and branding requirements for each product/brand/category that the software falls under
Collaborate and work closely with Ecommerce and IT, to ensure that user interfaces are readily available, and released in a timely fashion, to end consumers
o Continuous monitoring and maintenance of existing user applications and interfaces, that are existing on the market
o Continuous improvement of current user applications and interfaces that are existing on the market
o Maintaining portfolio of existing user applications and interfaces, to ensure all software is compliant and compatible with updated operating systems and device requirements
o Following the current best practices for UI design and interoperability
o Ensuring that all product applications, and user interfaces, have user security at the forefront of the design process
• Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using sound design principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Ability to identify and secure all necessary components and equipment to support the product design process.
• Be a leader of innovation, for existing products, products in development, and during new product conception
• Generation of new product ideas, and involvement in product conception and definition activities
• Capable of performing work independently, using advanced techniques, theories, and processes to complete work
• Creation and management of standards and test instructions to qualify product to industry standards.
• Generate and/or assist with the development of product specifications
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent required
• 5+ years of experience preferred
Competencies and Skills:
• A high degree of project management proficiency in a development environment
• Demonstrated ability to be a technical lead in the department for other engineering staff and technicians
• An ability to determine and implement product cost reduction programs
• Strong knowledge of engineering principles (DFMEA, DVP&R, and etc…)
• Strong knowledge of industry and mil standards i.e., ANSI, IEEE, FDA.
• Working knowledge in Data Acquisition equipment and principles
• Knowledge of
o Application Security
o Web hosting application
o Cloud based platforms
o Internet Protocols
o UI/UX Principles
o Database Structures
o Structure Query Language (SQL)
o Web, Desktop, and Mobile (iOS & Android) development
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with accelerated timelines
• Experience with programming in the Windows Operating environment
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, and must be solution driven with the ability to generate creative/innovative solutions.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative development
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
• Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
• Visual and hearing acuity.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
• General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
• Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.