- Responsible for coordinating contractor’s duties and assignments associated with the construction of Transmission Line or Transmission Station Facilities.
- Review Client Company’s Plans and Specifications for constructability prior to start of construction and report potential constructability issues.
- Provide construction site coordination for station or line transmission construction to provide compliance with Federal, State, Local and Company standards, programs, drawings and specifications.
- Generate standard and ad-hoc progress reports on the construction phase as necessary or requested by the client.
- Revise field drawings to agree with as built installations
- Provide quality performance feedback on contractors, materials and equipment.
- Material Management Duties as they relate to the coordination, inspection, receipt, and delivery of material and equipment to the construction site.
- Inspect and check receipt of materials for construction projects for shortages, timeliness, damages and correctness. Prepare reports for appropriate corrective actions and coordinated delivery of materials with other construction management groups.
- Coordinate required outages with the responsible operation center and arrange for or accept clearances as required.
- Maintain construction oversight for OSHA compliance requirements in accordance with the company’s construction compliance oversight program.
- Provide estimates to allow authorization of station or line transmission construction work by contract forces, including verification of work performed.
- Work with project management/lead as well as others within and outside the client’s company to contribute to the successful completion of the project.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Construction management and 2 years of experience in Station or Line engineering. [Construction supervision is a plus]
Or ABET accredited associate degree in electrical or civil engineering technology and 6 years of experience in transmission line work or substation work. [Construction supervision is a plus]
Or High school diploma and 8+ years of construction experience building Electric transmission/Distribution substations and Transmission lines. [Construction supervision is a plus]
Computer literate: can efficiently utilize Microsoft Word, and Excel to update reports and an email client to communicate with the rest of the team.
Willing to travel 75%+ of the time.
Willing to work long hours, on remote locations.
Must pass a drug screen test.
Must be able to pass a background check and a driving record check.
First Aid/CPR Trained a plus
OSHA 30 Certified a plus