* $1,000 sign on bonus *
* Hiring Immediately *
United Gear & Assembly offers:
* Benefits program active 1st of the month following your start date
which includes; health, HRA, FSA, vision and dental insurance
* 401k program with 4% company contribution
* Company paid short term disability with elective long term disability
* Company paid life insurance with additional elective life insurance available
* 40 hours paid vacation after 6 months
* 10 paid holidays
* Profit sharing plan
Experience is not required. We will train for this position.
United Gear & Assembly has evolved from a small family-owned business into a multi-million dollar company and a core supplier of precision gears, shafts, and related assemblies to many global OEMs. We are committed to being an EOE and drug and alcohol free employer. Pre-employment screenings are conducted.
Job Summary: Perform machine operations on Hone
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
• Mounts work piece between centers, in chuck, or to faceplate, manually or using hoist.
• Installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads, and automatic-tool-change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet.
• Depresses buttons, toggles, and starts machining operation.
• Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
• Turns dials and switches to correct machine performance, applying practical knowledge of lathe operation.
• Inspects first-run piece and spot-checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and precision dial gauges.
• Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run to shorten changeover time.
• May set tools before positioning them in lathe, using precision gauges and instruments.
• May set up and operate another machine tool during machining cycles.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Computer literate with the ability to learn and work statistical and manufacturing software applications. Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft Office Professional, Word, Excel, statistical and manufacturer software a plus.
Communication, Problem Solving, Analytical Ability, Interpersonal and Dexterity Skills are important qualities for a Successful Job Performance.
Intermediate reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent, or a 2 degree program.