PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for supporting the Development team to resolve impediments and ensure success of the Scrum Development Process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Support the development team to enable them to successfully execute project deliverables.
2. Set schedules, facilitate discussions, and resolve problems.
3. Responsible for work ticket assignments within the development team.
4. Work with product development and software development staff to investigate and resolve project issues.
5. Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
6. Responsible for following development processes, standards, and procedures.
7. Track and remove impediments around development process to help with efficiency and productivity of project teams.
8. Helps product owner make sure the product backlog is readily available to be picked up for development.
9. Facilitate and ensure effort estimation is performed within the development team.
10. Represent Agile teams and report development and release status.
11. Responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
12. Coordinate with Architecture, IT Operations, and PMO teams as required.
13. Inspire others to adopt new improvements based on retrospectives.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
1. B.S. in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, or related field.
2. 5+ years experience working with iterative development.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated experience in supporting development teams for complex applications.
5. Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual who is able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal guidance and direction.
6. Experience with Agile development methodologies.
7. Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced software development environment.
8. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
9. Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools like JIRA is required.
10. Must be able to effectively prioritize and assign work in order to meet deadlines.
1. Knowledge of REST and SOAP Web services is preferred.
2. Industry recognized certification of Scrum Master or Project Manager is a plus.