The New Era Internship Program is a disruptive & diverse opportunity that delivers an elite & authentic experience for students. The program provides meaningful & impactful work that will add real value to our strategic initiatives. New Era Interns will be geared up to become the best version of themselves & learn how to become progressive in whichever career path they choose...
Summer 2022 Internship Snapshot
- The Internship program is a full-time (40 hours) opportunity running from May 25th thru August 17th
- In addition to your projects and tasks, New Era Interns will experience:
- Community Service Day
- Team Building Day
- Professional Development (Learning Sessions, Resume Review, Career Pathing Sessions, Mock Interviews)
- End of Internship Group Dinner (After you crush the internship, let's celebrate)
The Opportunity at Hand
The Ecommerce Developer Intern will collaborate as a member of an agile development team to develop features and help complete a best-in-class ecommerce platform. They will work across multiple functions within New Era while working on the development and customization of the Shopify app.
Projects & Tasks
- Shopify implementation for Australia modeling the US instance
- Build apps and 3rd party integrations for Australia B2C platform
- Assist the development team in building architectural specifications for Shopify enablement in other regions.
What you will need to make an impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and manage multiple projects independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook
- Self-starter, motivated, ability to work independently
- Embraces work with a sense of urgency and persistence
- Takes initiative and is solution oriented
- Follows through on projects/requests until there is resolution
- Builds positive working relationships with internal colleagues
Education and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors program within IT, Software development or a related field.
"New Era Cap Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in inclusion and does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws."