P2 Energy Solutions
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.Job ID
Finance & AccountingType
Empowering The People Who Power The World
Looking to join the positive-minded workplace of an industry leader? Look no further than P2 Energy Solutions (P2). We are the world's largest and most trusted partner in the oil and gas sector with over 90+ years of experience in data and 30+ years in software. More than 1,700 upstream oil and gas companies around the world rely on us to improve their business processes and augment their corporate performance.
As we continue to grow, P2 is recruiting people into a culture that allows employees to be their best selves at every stage in their career journey. We view diversity and inclusion objectives through the same lens as any critical business objective - and we place a high value on our working environment where all people feel respected and are treated fairly. Our inclusive culture is critical to P2's success in building a firm that hires, develops, and retains extraordinary people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Accountant role will prepare financial reports to ensure tracking of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other financial and accounting activities. The accountant role is expected to perform under minimal supervision and adhere to all accounting laws and regulations. This position functions as part of the internal corporate accounting function for P2 Energy Solutions.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare regulatory reports
- Assist in month end close process
- Reconcile multi-currency bank accounts, accounts receivable, customer accounts, and verifies deposits
- Provide assistance to auditors
- Files monthly sales tax forms with appropriate state and local government agencies
- Assist with accounting software maintenance and testing
- Seeks processing and procedural efficiencies
- Responsible for customer collections
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information with supporting schedules at month-end
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, analyze accounts and make adjustment entries as required in an accurate and timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent relevant work experience is required
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting is required
- Current CPA or seeking CPA is preferred
- Great Plains software knowledge or experience is a plus
- Software accounting experience is a plus
- Prior experience with foreign currencies is a plus
Belief In The P2 Way The P2 Way (P2's core values):
- Always be learning
- When in doubt, talk it out
- Show up and follow up
- Create positive energy
- Think beyond
The minimum salary for this position has been established at $52,300.00 in Colorado. P2 is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, retains multiple office locations globally, and employs approximately 500 people. We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation package. We're proud of our positive and inclusive culture designed around the philosophies of mutual respect, hard work, and a commitment to excellence. P2 is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities.
P2 fosters a creative environment that promotes engagement through awareness and training, helps managers address and encourage conscious inclusion, and breaks down stereotypes and perceived barriers to advancement opportunities for all underrepresented groups. P2 supports pay and promotion equity; maintains inclusive benefit programs for all family structures, gender/gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, origin, age, or disability; and promotes a working environment that seeks balance in life through commitments to family, community service, and outside interests.
We participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA, and P2 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please see job description