Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Temp Associate Revenue & Pricing Analyst
At NYPA, you'll work with innovative colleagues who are excited about improving New York State by providing customers with low-cost, clean, reliable power. You're empowered to think big, do good, and transform the energy industry!
The Associate Revenue & Pricing Analyst is responsible for assisting in the preparation of generation and transmission asset revenue requirements/cost-of service studies, assisting in the development of rate and cost recovery mechanisms, and energy market evaluation and analysis. The associate analyst will also assist in producing market competitiveness analyses for NYPA's customers. The associate analyst will assist Financial Planning in the development of long-term financial forecasts that are used to measure NYPA's financial viability.
Full-time temporary employeesare eligible for fully subsidized medical & pharmacy benefits on Day 1 (for themselves and their immediate family);areeligible to participate in our retirement plans with NYPA contributions, along with access to the employee assistance program.#LI-JP1Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of models for NYPA's existing Transmission Revenue Requirement process.
- Assist in the development and monthly rate setting of NYPA's Transmission Adjustment Charge (NTAC).
- Assist in the preparation of analysis required for FERC filings needed for cost recovery of NYPA's future transmission investments.
- Assist in cost of service and rate development calculations for NYPA's Generation and Supply business.
- Assist in performing customer savings/cost comparison.
- Work on departmental procedure updates, documenting processes and directions.
- Work with team members to prepare other required filings, including the Proposed and Final Four-Year Budget and Financial Plan for NYS Comptroller's Office.
- Support in development of four-year Operating Forecast (OF) and monthly updates by collecting and analyzing the data, updating the financial model, analyzing the results, and preparing the reports.
- Assist team members with special assignments and ad-hoc analyses.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Working knowledge of economics, finance and accounting concepts and theories.
- Excellent analytical skills required, including ability to interpret financial, marketing and utility tariff data.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Excel test will be given at interview.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Math, or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of analytical experience is preferred.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer