The National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center (NBACC) is a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) federal laboratory sponsored by the DHS Science and Technology Directorate and operated by the Battelle National Biodefense Institute, LLC (BNBI).
Provides support to the Human Resources Department (HR) in day-to-day functions and projects that include, but are not limited to, HR-related administrative assistance, recruitment and employment processes, personnel records management, reward programs, and employee and labor relations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Preferred Associate's Degree or 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Basic understanding of employment law, Affirmative Action, EEOC, diversity, compensation, performance evaluations, and staff relations.
* Requires an understanding of MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and knowledge of HRIS and CostPoint.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to handle flexible, fast paced and varied work assignments. Ability to handle duties of a confidential nature with sound judgment and discretion.
* Must be a team player and highly punctual, while demonstrating positive customer service.
* Skills and experience to support laboratory activities and work in accordance with NBACC's management system (e.g., ISO).
* Must be a citizen of the United States, able to obtain and maintain an interim secret clearance leading to a top secret clearance and suitability for DHS.
* Participation in the Immunization Program, Medical Surveillance Program, and/or enrollment in the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) may be required, dependent upon position and/or business needs.
* May be required to participate in NBACC's alternative work schedule and/or on-call schedule, dependent upon business needs.
* Supports and assists HR with interviews, recruiting, pre-hiring, on-boarding and out-processing procedures.
* Supports and assists with HR-related transactions including: coordinating schedules and setting-up interviews (phone and in-person) for hiring Managers.
* Supports and assists with all HR-related projects, reports, and matters under the direction and supervision of the Human Resource Manager.
* Conducts and monitors ADP background screening of preferred candidates.
* Maintains & updates employment information in employee files, SharePoint, ADP-HRIS and CostPoint.
* Assists with maintaining current Position Descriptions (PDs) for staff per ISO requirements, and assists with creating, updating, and editing PDs as needed.
* Prepares material for on-boarding binders, application and offer packets.
* Maintains records management of personnel files and records stored onsite and offsite.
* Supports and assists with award programs (e.g., purchasing Visa cards).
* Maintains appropriate records.
* Performs other assigned duties.
BNBI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.