Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Alinea seeks a full-time Polisher (service porter) to join our team! Alinea has been universally praised for its innovative approach to modernist cuisine. It has four times been named the Best Restaurant in America and is one of only 13 restaurants in the U.S. to earn the coveted Michelin 3-star rating.
Compensation is hourly.
To be noted, this is a full-time position, candidates must be willing to work 40+ hours, 5 days a week. Requirements:
- Assist in polishing glass plateware
- Clean and organize serviceware
- Set up the dining room for service
- Other duties as assigned by the front of house managers
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
- Competitive hourly wage beginning at $17.50/hr
- Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- 50% company contribution to single HMO during first 2 years of full-time employment, 100% contribution available after 2 years.
- Paid time off
- 401(K) with a company match up to 4% of deferred earnings.
- CTA/Ventra discount available after 1 month of full-time employment.
- Employee Dining Discount, 20% to any Alinea Group restaurant.
- Referral Bonus Program Available.
The Alinea Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Must be eligible to legally work in the United States. We use E-Verify.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you require an accommodation protected by law, please email HR.