Line Cook - DINNER $21-$23/hour + BenefitsTulio Restaurant, Downtown SeattleKimpton Hotels & Restaurants
*Must have experience in fine dining, basic awareness of local/sustainable/seasonal ingredients. We Offer:
- Affordable medical/dental/vision plans ($100/month family plans!) (Blue Shield/Kaiser)
- Matched 401k
- Bus/parking/commuter discounts
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday time off
- Employee rate hotel +restaurant discounts in all of Kimpton + IHG
- Work perks website discounts
- Free daily family meals
- Backup childcare
- Cell phone discounts (Att&T/Verizon)
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000/year)
- Much more!
Best Place to Work culture recognition on Fortune Magazine, inclusive culture and supportive of women, BLM, LGBTQ+ community. Commitment to internal promotions and development.
What You'll Do
You are hardworking with a real passion for crafting quality dishes according to restaurant specifications. You love maintaining and building sound working relationships with your teammates. You'll act as an ambassador for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.Some of your responsibilities include:
What You Bring
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests in a timely manner.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Item specifications, including preparation, execution, and presentation will be provided to you.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing proper sanitation practices while ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations.
- Maintain a clean work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and prep area.
- Report any maintenance or repairs needed to the Executive Chef.
- Follow departmental policies as well as restaurant rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook and by management.
- 1 year of previous experience in restaurant and/or culinary experience in a high volume, full service restaurant is preferred.
- Time management and organizational ability required for high quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment usage.
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, and fast paced environment.
- You're able to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.