This opportunity is located within our EnviroLogix business that develops and manufactures testing solutions for detecting GMOs, mycotoxins, plant pathogens, natural toxins and chemical contaminants in multiple agricultural matrices.
The principal responsibility of this position is to own and manage the training, cross-training, refresher training, and re-training of new and current manufacturing employees, ensuring proficient skillset of all associates in operations.
- Lead our training program responsible for new hire, re-training, and cross-training, in support of operations through training design, scheduling, delivery, and certification.
- Institute a scalable training program structure, and provide oversight, ensuring workflow efficiency and effectiveness, adherence to EnviroLogix policies and guidelines, and high-quality trainee experiences.
- Drive mutual accountability and transparency through progress tracking and visual management.
- Establish and foster a culture centered around coaching and mentoring to ensure performance and support career growth.
- Review and analyze learning and development, quality, and operational metrics to identify opportunities, create solutions, anticipate roadblocks, and implement changes.
- Partner closely with the operations team and across functions to ensure we have a comprehensive training program that will enable our short-term and long-term success.
- Establish and maintain proficiency in several manufacturing skills related to lateral flow device (LFD) manufacturing, including but not limited to QC testing, gold conjugate solution preparation, gold particle manufacturing, pad treatment, and final product assembly.
- Create and implement standardized work cell design to ensure employees are set up with access to the tools required to perform the applicable work.
- Utilize adult learning principles to deliver the defined training plan for all skills required, matching the employee's learning style, to enable the target employee to perform the cell specific skills related to their role proficiently and independently.
- Have an eye for and implement continuous improvement of all training, SOPs, and other controlled documents and communicates these changes to all necessary people and functions.
- Ensure we're always ready to close skillset gaps by maintaining timely and accurate training records for all operations associates.
- Follows established safe work practices and works in a safe manner, following EnviroLogix safety policies and procedures, and for reporting any unsafe or hazardous condition to your manager or the Environmental, Health, and Safety department for corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train employees at multiple levels of the organization
- Desired experience utilizing adult learning techniques
- Desired experience within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to set and meet high quality standards
- Ability to communicate effectively, work smoothly with a team, cooperate with and support co-workers
- Working knowledge of computer-based systems including Microsoft Word, Office, and Excel
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team as well as in an independent role
- Self-motivated, execution oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (scientific field preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in training and development in a technical field
EnviroLogix is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.