Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals to help grow our mission- We help people overcome challenges to employment. Working at Goodwill is more than a job. Joining our team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. With our community's donations and contract services we generate the money needed to support our programs which provide training and supportive services to individuals who seek greater independence.
We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by applying to a position with Goodwill.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Clean office areas, hallways, restrooms, or other assigned areas using established procedures and equipment.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax, and/or polish floor using established guidelines and equipment.
- Empty trash and garbage containers.
- May be required to wash walls and/or windows.
- May be required to clean dust and dirt from ceiling, walls, overhead pipes and fixtures using long-handled brushes and vacuum cleaner or clean lint, dust, oil and grease from machines using brushes and/or air hose.
- May be required to vacuum and shampoo carpeting using established guidelines and equipment.
- Work within safety guidelines of the department.
- Ability to make some basic decisions about priority of jobs to be performed.
- Willingness to perform routine and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work and relate well with people.
- Attends training as required.
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries immediately.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management
- 1 year experience in custodial work, preferred.
- Must pass OSBI/DOC background check
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Good time management skills and demonstrate adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Public relation skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This work is physical and requires the following activities: Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing and reaching for long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, smelling and visual acuity.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds, or more with assistance.
- Works in a climate controlled environment most of the time but may be exposed to dusts, molds and dirt which performing job duties.
- Works a variable schedule as needed for business operations which may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays which may vary week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.