Los Angeles, CA Other location(s):
Los Angeles (CA); Irvine (CA); San Antonio (TX); Seattle (WA) Relocation benefits offered:
Yes Travel required:
None"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more."I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses)."I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
NOTE: Our recruiting process is 100% virtual, which should help with the logistics of your candidate journey. We have transitioned to a hybrid work model, which means our associates are working from home the majority of the time, and coming into the office 20% of the month. You will work directly with your manager to decide what that looks like for you.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
We are seeking several Software Development Engineers to help ensure the reliability of data services and applications within IG Tech. This role will collaborate with senior technology associates to develop product-specific and generic solutions in areas like disaster recovery, monitoring, alerting, testing, and optimizing performance. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission and drive for excellence in reliability solutions.
Investment Group Technologies (IG Tech) builds software and data for the Investment Group at CG, those who make decisions about what investments to buy and sell. Our mission is to apply data and technology to enhance CG's investment process and the capabilities of our investment associates. A secondary mission is to create reusable systems for teams across IG Tech and Capital Group and therefore contribute to continually improving the engineering environment. We build products to assist with research, portfolio management, ESG, data delivery, and machine learning. We work primarily in AWS and are committed to making our systems robust and reliable. Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Build disaster recovery systems and processes applicable across multiple applications
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Participate in post-incident reviews ("blameless post-mortems")
- Own the Infrastructure as Code for a product area.
- Reduce toil through automation and process improvements.
- Build general reliability solutions to be used by multiple application teams
- 5 years of experience with programming in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Expertise in one or more infrastructure areas such as systems, networking, or security.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Knowledge of data stores, SQL and No-SQL.
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers - ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda).
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community."I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Nearest Major Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Developer, Consulting, Social Media, Database, Technology, Marketing, Research