Perform visual, dimensional and non-destructive inspections, create and complete inspection plans from drawings and customer specifications. Ensuring that all parts are conforming, inspected per instructions and codes and complete required documentation.
- Review Petersen Inc. and customer drawings, specifications, engineering requirements and codes to formulate and document inspection plans
- Perform visual, dimensional and non-destructive (when certified) inspection in accordance with established inspection plans
- Maintain documentation and records in accordance with Petersen and customer requirements
- Facilitate and assist customer representatives in performing source inspection
- Maintain coordination of inspection efforts with Project Managers, Production Managers and Petersen Quality Management
- Provide training and supervision of lower level inspectors.
- Maintain safe work environment
- Be able to be certified as a CWI, or Dye Penetrant/Mag Particle inspector.
- Be able to work overtime, some irregular hours and some weekends as schedule dictates.
Essential Mental Functions:
Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions, give feedback when things are unclear. Be able to work under a tight timelines and high scrutiny. Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Written and verbal communication must be in a professional manner. Be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions.
Essential Physical Functions:
Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Requires mobility to access difficult inspection access areas. Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to properly use inspection tools. Requires eyesight correctable to within normal range. Requires working in a shop environment- hot in the summer cool in the winter, noisy, and dusty.
- Must work in a safe manner obeying all Petersen Inc. safety rules, and ensure the safety and health of himself/herself or others
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Tools primarily used and supplied.
- Tape measures, imperial and metric
- Basic weld inspection tools
- Straight edges
- Feeler gages
- Inside and Outside micrometers
- Thread gages
- Bore Gage
- Gage blocks
- Pi tapes
- Ultrasonic thickness gage
- Hardness tester
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer's sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Must be available and willing to travel as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Works in a typical fabrication and machine shop environment. Works in varied conditions, inside and outside due to size and complexity of product.
Any other duties can be assigned as needed.