While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Los Angeles branch, is seeking a dynamic, versatile individual to work as a Cash Handler in a high volume, production-oriented environment. The cash handler assists in receiving, processing, and distribution of United States (US) currency and coin to financial institutions on behalf of the Federal Reserve Bank.
Banking experience is not required. Experience in military, manufacturing, automotive, biotech, electronics, energy, machinery, defense/aerospace, medical, cosmetics, production, or distribution environments are also desired.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hours: Applicant must have flexibility in working different shift hours including night shift as the department runs a 24/7 operations.
Shift Day/Time: Monday-Thursday 5:00AM-4:00PM, 5:00PM-4:00AM.
What you'll do
• Responsible for receiving, processing, and distributing United States (US) currency and coin in a highly regulated environment while applying strong attention to detail and adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Operate complex processing equipment and troubleshoot machine issues accurately to support achievement of production goals, service levels, and contractual obligations.
• Work together with team members in a dynamic production environment to maintain quality control policies and work procedures.
• Complete customer transactions and inventory management through balancing, reconciling, and settlement of currency and coin holdings on a daily basis.
• Identify, assesses, and collaborate with leadership to resolve problems of varying degrees of complexity within the operation. The types of problems include but are not limited to machine issues, inventory management, customer transactions, and accounting and settlement activity.
• Contribute ideas for best practices and operational enhancements to management that improve production, operational quality, or drive employee engagement and growth.
Desired Experience + Traits
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrates competence in basic math and accounting skills
• Data entry and computer operating experience including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Possess strong teamwork and customer service orientation.
• Possess time management and organizational skills to carry out multiple priorities at one time in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exhibits strong communication and diplomacy skills when working with staff, management, customers, and third party vendors.
• Possess the technical aptitude to learn and effectively operate systems, computer based applications, equipment and tools utilized in the daily operating environment.
• Manual dexterity in preparing and operating machinery
• Can lift up to 50 pounds
• Can stand for extended lengths of time
What you'll receive
• Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance.
• Generous health, dental + vision insurance coverage as well as self-care and mindfulness resources.
• Competitive retirement benefits including pension and employee matching 401k like program.
• Flexible time off for vacation, to care for oneself and family, or pet because we respect the need for work/life harmony.
• A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally which includes tuition reimbursement for college and master’s degree as well as profession certifications.
• Volunteer time off to give back to your community.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Effective October 1, 2021, all employees must be up to date with your COVID vaccinations or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy.