Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Certified Medical Assistant - MOHA Decatur
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for functioning as an assistant to the physician, optometrist, NP/PA, RN's, and LPN's in the areas of direct and indirect patient care, laboratory procedures, charging and medical records.
Reports to the Operations Manager
- Assist in organizing the nursing station and work area to facilitate good work flow.
- Organize all written medical information for physician/nurses review and place in the record in correct order. Proof read appropriate dictation.
- Assist in answering phones for physician, nurse and receptionist.
- Schedule appointments effectively and efficiently according to patient needs.
- Open mail and distribute to appropriate person, file miscellaneous office information, organize all written communication.
- Order all office supplies utilizing cost containment methods.
- Order all medical supplies, stock exam rooms, clean according to Infection Control Policies.
- Follow all Clinic policies including the Nursing Dress Code Policy. Adhere to clinic performance standards.
- Interview patient to determine chief complaint and document information in medical record.
- Take vital signs and document results.
- May perform office procedures such as but not limited to sterile urine cath, suture removal, staple removal or removal of casts under the direction of a N.P, P.A. or physician.
- Order diagnostic tests, exams and procedures according to physician's order.
- Prepare patient for physician exam.
- Give patients instructions for home care, medications, etc. under N.P., P.A. or physician direction.
- Give medications orally and subcutaneously under the direction of the N.P., P.A. or physician.
- Administer allergy injections only under the direct supervision of the physician prescriber of the antigen.
- Perform pre-certifications/referral for insurance companies as necessary.
- Provide patient/family education and reinforce all patient teaching under provider's direction.
- Call in prescriptions to pharmacy, provide patient instructions and document under provider's direction.
- Schedule procedures/surgeries as necessary.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program as required by the certifying body.
- Maintain RMA, CMA or NCMA credentials according to requirements established by the certifying body.
- Provide copy of credentials to Human Resources prior to expiration of certification period.
- Must be a registered or certified Medical Assistant through one of the following: American Med Techs (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Health Career Association (NHA), or American Allied Health (AAH) at time of hire.
- CPR certification per American Heart Association guidelines required within 30 days of hire date.
- Works in office setting during the hours the Clinic is available to patients/families.
- Sitting vs. standing averages to 50-50%.
- Minimal lifting requirements. Occasional lifting required for orthopedics, geriatrics and internal medicine.