Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
ESY Special Education Teacher (PART-TIME) TEMPORARY
Since 1832, Pressley Ridge has done whatever it takes to create success for children, adults and families. Pressley Ridge's innovative programming helps to rebuild communities and families who are facing difficult challenges and complex situations. From mental health and foster care services to residential treatment facilities and education for children with special needs, including autism and deafness, Pressley Ridge empowers nearly 8,000 kids and families each year with the ability and confidence to succeed.
We invite you to join our Day School Johnstown as a Special Education Teacher.
The Teacher/Special Education Teacher (SET) is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring effective individualized academic programs for each assigned student. The Teacher/SET also assists the mental health specialist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the individualized mental health treatment plan for each assigned student. The Teacher/SET is a member of a classroom team.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Assure effective academic programming for each student which results in high rates of academic progress and successful program completion
- Assure effective mental health programming to increase each student's adaptive social skills and appropriate school decorum
- Assure comprehensive documentation of all academic and behavioral progress
- Assure the continuous safety of all students
- Assure the continuing development of professional skills
- Promote the professional image of Pressley Ridge School in local, state, and national communities
- Physical Demands. This position requires a moderate to high level of physical activity. Employee must meet minimum requirements for Hearing, Speech and Vision.
- Environmental. School and Community
- Working Hours. As assigned
Bachelors of Special Education (required)Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)