Technology Business Consultant, FIS University Program
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
JOIN THE 2022 FIS UNIVERSITY PROGRAM!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June and September with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
THIS POSITION IS FOR A JANUARY START.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Quantum Professional Services group within FIS consists of highly experienced and qualified business consultants and project managers within the FIS business including Treasury, Payments, Messaging and Hosting. The global consulting team provides localized consulting and implementation services around the world. The teams are headquartered in three regional locations: EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
Within the Americas, the team is largely remote based in the United States and Canada, and may operate at client sites integrated with the client’s project team and key systems’ users.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements related to Treasury, Finance and Accounting.
- Research and document client needs, technology or regulations related to system design.
- Defines product scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve treasury functional problems related to operating time and form of desired results.
- Writes test plans and test cases and conducts testing to ensure configurations and enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
- Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site.
- Train client subject matter experts and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or processes. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting depending on number in audience and client preference.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in general business, finance, accounting, computer science or information systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
ADDED BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
- Knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
- Knowledge of application architecture
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF participants’ loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program. The offer is for those FIS U participants located in the U.S.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.