Global Sourcing/Product Development Internship: Summer 2022
LANDS' END GLOBAL SOURCING/PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP - HYBRID OR REMOTE
At Lands' End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands' End a great place to work.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. Our 12-week, summer Internship program gives you the freedom and flexibility to work in a location that is most comfortable and productive for you.
In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 23 - August 12
- Paid Internship
- Onsite, Hybrid and Remote options
- Computer equipment shipped directly to you
- Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands' End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned Global Sourcing professionals. The Intern experience is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust global sourcing and product development career path. Interns will be immersed and integrated in the various functions of the Global Sourcing/PD team and understand the factors that contribute to the broader scope of Global Sourcing and Product Development while gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas. Lands' End interns will be placed in one of our key product areas and will gain exposure to analyzing garment costs, vendor allocation, capacity and lead-times.
As part of the experience you will focus on key projects for the department which may include fabric initiatives, cost comparison of products and fabrics from different regions with associated lead-times, chase opportunities and packaging & labeling cost analysis. You will be involved in key projects that will support future business decisions. You will communicate with vendors, sourcing, PD, Technical Design, Planning, Design and Merchandising to understand the development and internal decision making processes. You will quickly come to appreciate the complexities of growing a global, multi-channel retailer.
Successful Global Sourcing & Product Development candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong industry knowledge and passion for the Lands' End brand.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles as well as the ability to work independently, flexible.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Customer-focused, results driven, analytical.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Innovative, critical thinker with the ability to continuously operate strategically and work cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills, proven relationship builder.
- Exceptional knowledge and ability to work fluently with Excel