Parking Attendant - Winter Seasonal - Part Time/Full Time - Housing Available
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For : Friendly folks who want to work at the best summer vacation destination, play in the outdoors and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guests service with a friendly attitude, then you’re ready to join our team. If you’re dream job includes working in the sunshine, interacting with guests, rewarding work, rides on a mountain coaster, employee parties and more, then we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Parking Attendants will be responsible for making sure traffic areas are safe. Will be expected to provide snow removal, assist Base Area Services, Security, Facilities and other projects as assigned.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Manage parking lots efficiently by ensuring that parking areas are safe
• Provide traffic control of vehicles entering and leaving parking lots, ensuring safe, steady flow, and pedestrian safety
• Clean-up after shift is over, assist with litter control
• Provide snow removal and ice build-up prevention around in and around parking lots
• Assist base area services, security, facilities with other projects as assigned
• Provide excellent Guest Services (i.e. resort Information, directions, etc.) Solve ‘on the spot’ guest issues.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• High school graduate or GED preferred
• Work independently, without supervision
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be minimum 18 years of age
• Sit for long periods of time
• Communicate clearly in English, utilizing all available forms of communication. (Verbal / non-verbal, written).
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (snow removal, Icemelt, cases of ticket stock)
• Bend, and lift heavy snow on days requiring snow removal
• This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Shifts worked are 6am - 12:30pm and 12pm - 8pm
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate: $15.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer