Food Court Attendant - Skiing/Riding Required - Winter Seasonal - Full Time/PartTime
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Intermediate skier/snowboarders needed! Help needed maintaining cleanliness of Food Court areas. Applicants will be considered for all Food and Beverage locations based on need, skills, experience and ability as necessary. Applicants must be able to ski/snowboard at an intermediate level to/from certain restaurant locations. A post job offer, pre-employment on-snow ski/snowboard assessment is required for positions at Rendezvous Saddle and Four Points Lodge.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Bussing tables, work deli station, steam table, beverage and salad bar, promoting zero waste initiative, and attending to the compost area
• All duties to include knowledge and action in performing all Covid safety standards, always
• Maintain cleanliness of cafeteria and food stations.
• Stocking of napkins, condiments, silverware and beverage station including CO2 Replacement
• Wiping of tables, and trays
• Minimal snow removal, as needed
• Inside/outside furniture set up and breakdown, as needed
• Clearing trays from tables and disposing properly
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Good guest service skills with the public; previous guest service experience preferred
• Adhere to company policies and procedures
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Must stand for long periods of time
• Lift approximately 35-40 pounds on a regular basis
• Speak and understand basic English
• This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate: $15.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer