Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Tax Preparer / Associate – Seasonal Remote
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Do you have a minimum of 3 season of paid Tax Preparation experience, with a minimum of 30 tax returns per tax year? If you're a tax professional, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using TurboTax. You’ll advance our goal of “Powering Prosperity Around the World” by providing expert guidance and explanations of tax and technical terms to our customers. You’ll also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by delighting our customers and empowering them to prepare their taxes.
What you'll bring
- Minimum 3 season of paid Tax Preparation experience, with a minimum of 30 tax returns per tax year required.
- Prior tax preparation experience in a tax practice or retail setting required.
- College degree a plus. The ideal candidate will have a background in business, finance, accounting, or tax
- Knowledge of tax laws, tax concepts and familiarity with form 1040 and schedules
- PTIN required
- Ability/motivation to expand expertise and obtain a tax credential or certification - Intuit offers a program to obtain your EA
- Strong customer service skills with ability to empathize and instill confidence
- Ability to work within a team to assist in preparation of accurate tax returns in a timely manner
- Strong Research skills and the ability to quickly use online resources to find answers
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Persistence and determination
How you will lead
- This is a seasonal position providing assistance to customers both assisting them in preparing their own returns and/or fully preparing customer tax returns
- Compiling/preparing tax returns for TurboTax Customers
- Gathering/organizing and accurately entering customer data in the federal and state tax returns for review
- Communicate directly with the customer as needed
- Coordinate customer meetings and follow-up
- Communicate updates to credentialed tax experts on assigned customers
- Will help customers who are working on their tax return with both product/software inquiries, as well as with tax questions and calculations
- Apply defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve product and tax support customer inquiries
- Will interact with customers utilizing strong written and verbal skills as well as deep customer empathy