*$2,500 Sign-On Bonus included for new HCA employees
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Transfer Center EMT Dispatcher? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Transfer Center EMT Dispatcher like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications:
Performs all transfer center functions, including centralized patient placement, in a timely, customer centered professional manner with the aid of a computer database consisting of facility service profiles, approved clinical protocols, established patient care protocols, and healthcare information.
- Transport coordination specific to the transfer of patients and discharges from HCA facilities.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources to safely place patients at facilities.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge of hospitals' medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center' customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain professionalism and customer- centric communication with challenging callers.
- Performs functions, including centralized patient placement, for medical and or behavioral health patients in a timely, customer centered professional manner with the aid of a computer database consisting of facility service profiles, approved clinical protocols, established patient care protocols, and healthcare information
- Coordinates transfer of emergent, urgent and elective patients to a final destination facility from all potential referral sources to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, post-acute centers, and physician offices via a telephone call to initiate acceptance and expedite decision making relative to a potential transfer.
- Patient placement functions will ensure timely bed placement, appropriate bed assignment, and provide accurate patient information to assist with the development of an initial plan of care
- Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance in both patient record and center workflow systems.
- Proficient in navigating and documenting in all technology platforms and other call and office-oriented systems as needed.
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Knowledge of all state/federal regulatory requirements pertaining to ambulance transports
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with physicians and their offices to coordinate admission
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the hospital.
- Knowledge of basic hospital services.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospital and clinical operations and patient care practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Internet searches, and relevant data bases.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and external parties
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or hospital experience required- highly preferred ED dispatching experience and acute hospital experience.
- Call Center/Transfer Center experience (preferred)
- EMT Certificate (required)
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Transfer Center EMT Dispatcher opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.