A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN). A10 Networks seeks an extensive technical professional with broad knowledge of virtualization technologies, L4-L7 products and solutions. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise within a specific area of technical sub-specialization in order to support end customer network design and architecture. The candidate will also periodically train end customers or channel partners on A10's product offerings and help drive sales. The candidate has to establish subject matter expertise in one or more areas of A10’s product offerings and will become a go-to person for that area for other field application engineers.
What you need to do:
- Build lab demos to showcase A10 hardware and virtual products and features.
- Create and execute test-cases for POCs and demo to Sales System Engineer, customers, and partners.
- Bring-up Linux VMs and NFV images on Openstack, KVM, VMware and public clouds.
- Build OpenStack clusters and complex virtual PoCs using VMs, virtual switches and Linux bridges.
- Build lab environment to perform proof-of-concept evaluations for customers and partners.
- Execute test-cases using industry standard traffic generation tools for performance testing.
- Configure and troubleshoot complex network and server infrastructure.
- Work closely with pre-sales engineers and solution architects.
- Regular participation within the SE community (answer questions, follow up on comments, provide technical training, etc…).
- Regular work with product management, product development, and internal technology groups.
- Assist with requests and questions from sales teams.
- Ability to learn new technology, research, and apply concepts quickly.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Capable of tackling and explaining technical issues without the need for supervision or assistance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at a time.
- Mentor teammates and demonstrate leadership abilities.
What we want to see:
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies and public/private cloud environments.
- Knowledge of Hypervisor technologies including KVM, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Hands-on experience with Openstack, Kubernetes, containers (a plus).
- Knowledge of application load balancing or Network/Application Security.
- Awareness of security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control).
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following areas: Enterprise Applications, Application load balancing or Network/Application Security
- Knowledge of networking stack L2 (vlan, bridge, EtherChannel), L3 Routing Protocols, IPv4 and IPv6, L3 Forwarding and NAT
- Knowledge of Layer-4-7 well-known protocols and technologies, such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Caching, etc.
- Have ability to perform packet capture and analyze outputs (Wireshark).
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with different network Test Tools (Ixia, Spirent).
- Scripting experience with Python and/or Tcl (preferred).
- Experience in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience with major network vendor (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, F5, PAN)