Operations Lead, Rollout & Operations AAP (L5)
Operations Lead, Rollout & Operations AAP (L5)
Mercedes-Benz Mobility supports the sales of Mercedes-Benz Group’s automobile brands with financial services, which range from financing and leasing to insurance, car rental and fleet management.
Following the strategy of the Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG to digitize and automate the business processes including the money lending process, the role of the Operations Lead resides in the Digital Solution Center Sales of the Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG within the CTO unit. The Digital Solution Center Sales is responsible for designing and delivering digital solutions for the domain sales within MBM.
The Operations Lead is responsible for managing, guiding, coaching and supporting the Operations Team consisting of highly skilled technology experts, working within the Agile framework. The main responsibility of this team is to take care of the IT-operation tasks as 2nd & 3rd Level support for selected digital products that are live in the Asia-Pacific Region. These are digital solution defined, developed and rolled out as part of the strategy “Digital Lending Model”, i.e. DSPNext, Infinite, Abacus, DocGen, eSign, eKYC, Archiving, etc. This team works very closely with the digital product teams located in Stuttgart.
Your tasks will be:
- Lead and coach a co-created team of around 5 tech operations experts
- Manage Service Operations, i.e. post-production incidents for live digital products in Asia-Pacific markets; ensure that SLAs are met and root cause analysis done for P1/P2 tickets
- Help the product and infrastructure grow and meet reliability targets
- Communicate with Management and relevant stakeholders regarding major Operations issues
- Coordinate support for product releases, e.g. standby resources, application and infrastructure setup, etc.
- Establish Service Operations support model for Asia time zone, e.g. Application Monitoring, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Plan, etc.
- Closely align and collaborate with the central digital products such as INFINITE, ABACUS, DSPNext, eContracting, etc.
- Ensure timely fixes for security vulnerabilities in both infrastructure and application
- Perform required software and hardware upgrades
- Drive Site Reliability Engineering culture across the organization by sharing your best practices, approaches, documentation, and code with other engineering teams
- Steer continuous improvement processes, methods, platforms and IT solutions.
- Build a strong team spirit and foster collaboration
Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, IT management or equivalent qualification.
Experience and specific knowledge:
- At least 5 years of working experience in IT Service Operations - incident management, request management and change management
- Working knowledge in Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, MS Office and Linux OS
- 2+ years Azure Cloud knowledge (vnets & subnets, firewalls / waf, aks, azure monitor, azure defender)
- Operations experience for on-premise/cloud-based Kubernetes services & monitoring solutions (Elastic search, AppDynamics, LogAnalytics, AppInsights, Datadog, etc.)
- CI/CD with Azure DevOps, GitHub actions or others
- Knowledge regarding Integration, API´s and micro service driven architecture
- Understanding of fundamental network, security approaches
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Hand-on experience in agile methods and the SAFe Framework
Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Solution-oriented and flexible, servant-leader attitude
- Strong collaboration capabilities across a diverse and international environment
When sending your online application, please attach your CV, an individual letter and any references you may have (max. 6 MB).
IMPORTANT: For an optimal selection process, please attach your documents AND complete the application form with details of your academic and professional career as well as your further skills.
Please note that any following correspondence regarding your application will be conducted via your email address provided. Encryption is not possible.
Contact HR: HR Services, Phone: 030/275 837-601
Field of activity:
IT / Telecommunications
OPS/ Credit Operations One Hub & Malaysia-Singapore Cluster
Mercedes-Benz has a long and rich heritage in Malaysia, dating way back to the beginning of the 20th century. This heritage has grown even stronger with the incorporation of DaimlerChrysler Malaysia Sdn Bhd, now known as Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Sdn Bhd, a joint venture between Daimler AG and Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad on 1st January 2003. Mercedes-Benz Malaysia currently employs over 280 employees with its administrative and sales office located at Menara TM in Kuala Lumpur whilst its production plant is located at Pekan, Pahang.
Mercedes-Benz Malaysia manages the wholesale distribution of Mercedes-Benz and Mitsubishi Fuso vehicles, service and spare parts as well as software development for global sales solutions and automotive apprentice training. The retail network of Mercedes-Benz Malaysia is represented by 58 authorized dealers for the Mercedes-Benz and Mitsubishi Fuso brands. A total of 87 outlets provides sales and after sales services nationwide. The emphasis placed on network development is a global initiative by Daimler AG in line with its brand philosophy to create a uniform worldwide brand that provides Mercedes-Benz customers with superb quality services.
Additional Company Information
201 - 500 Employees
Average Processing Time
Automobile / Automotive Ancillary / Vehicle
Benefits & Others
Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties)