We are actively seeking a software developer with experience in .NET, C# and Microsoft SQL Server. In this role, you will be responsible for full software lifecycle development, and will be involved in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and supporting applications in both ASP.NET and microservice architectures consistent with established specifications and business requirements. In this position, you will participate in one or more high profile projects.
What You Will Do:
• Research, design, develop, test, and analyze web-based software programs and applications using primarily .NET Framework and Microsoft SQL Server Technologies
• Develop software within a current development framework to deliver high quality and timely solutions
• Collaborate in the Development team daily meetings, review tasks, discuss next steps. Work in-depth with Jira software to update tickets. Architect teammates will review pre-code commitment and give feedback
• Collaborate and problem solve with your Software Engineer teammates, Architects, and manager, Sr Director and Lead Architect of RewardStation
• Assist in providing accurate and timely estimates for future projects
Top Must-Have Skills
• Applied experience with object-oriented development
• Expertise programming in C#
• Experience with .NET Framework 4.5.2+ and .NET Core or .NET 6
• Experience with ASP.NET Web API framework
• Experience with REST Web API services
• Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM), e.g., Entity Framework
• Experience with ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Must know how to create a normalized database schema, write efficient stored procedures
• Experience with GitHub
• Experience with NuGet and the concept of reusable packages
• Demonstrated understanding of microservice architectures
• Demonstrated understanding of n-tier architecture and layered development
• Expertise programming in T-SQL, preferably in Microsoft SQL Server
• Demonstrated understanding of SDLC and managing multiple feature branches within source control
• Experience with RabbitMQ
• Experience with Jenkins and other DevOps tools
• Experience with AWS and/or other cloud environments
• Familiarity with SQL Server views, functions, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of software design patterns
• Must have at least 3+ years’ experience coding in .NET using C# language
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Orchestrate between regular task requests, small projects and larger ongoing projects
• Proven ability to communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on goals, strategy, and tactics, drive the approval process towards execution, and deliver desired outcomes.
• Competitive pay, perks, and employee-first policies: company-paid holidays; generous PTO; flexible scheduling opportunities.
• Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long-term Disability, Paid Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) & Retirement Planning, Performance based spot bonus opportunities.
• Open-door management and Employee Experience practices, transparent career advancement planning and professional development opportunities.
• Comfortable, casual work environment—we are currently a Hybrid workforce.
• Participate in the solutions you build! Our employees participate in Xcel!, our internal recognition program. You’ll use RewardStation®–our proprietary software–to give and receive points for a job well done. You can redeem your points in a catalog built just for our team, with exciting merchandise, gift cards, travel & experience options, and more!
A Little More About Us:
We’re a team of bright, driven professionals, each of whom brings unique perspectives, experience, ideas, and skills to our roles. Our company culture means everything to us—we call it CARE (Collaborative. Adaptable. Respectful. Efficient.) Every member of our team works hard to exemplify these qualities in every aspect of the work we do each day.
We’re looking for people who genuinely want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. It’s not enough to be a cog in the machine here—and you’ll never be treated like one. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment: people who can think creatively, problem-solve quickly, and who welcome change and challenge with positivity. We’re always pushing ourselves and our solutions forward for our clients. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we hope you’ll join us!