BI Platform Engineer London / hybridCirca £70k plus benefits plus bonus
BI Platform, Qlik Sense, Business Objects
BI Platform Engineer is required by thriving insurance organisation with offices based in the City of London (this is a hybrid office / remote working environment). This role will join their vibrant Data Analytics team. The team work with various business functions to help them achieve their goals through analytics products and services. The Senior BI Platform Engineer will be key to achieving the Analytics vision for a consistent and centralised transformation of the 'Data Experience' across the corporation and its many functions and market facing services.
This role will be responsible for infrastructure management, standards and resilience of BI Platforms. The core purpose is to define, monitor, update and continually improve data processes in line with governance, self-service strategy and resilience of content. You will also lead and implement Self-Service BI strategy within the business, manage scheduled capabilities and support infrastructure management.
- Lead & implement consistent standards & development guidelines facilitating standards, security & control
- Work alongside the Analytics Advisory team, Business Analysts and data stakeholders to understand requirements of BI platform users
- Develop & advise on data products with focus on BI Platforms
- Maintain Management Information reporting, with an ambition to minimize Corporation BAU tasks and automate reporting / dashboarding where possible
- Lead BI Platform self-service strategy
- Lead BI Platform content management resilience with focus on code resilience, reload fail rate, task backlog, user access & content end of life
- Support of BI Platform content development
- Inform & shape data strategy for Analytics team to integrate with Data Lake to contribute and benefit from it
- Deep understanding of Reporting and Analytics tools required for BI Platform, how they are configured and how they work
- BI Platform development & platform maintenance
- Security/data access framework design and implementation
- Development cycle management
- Creation of data connections to APIs, databases, data lake, cloud providers and file servers
- BI Platform strategy, user support & training
- Qlik Sense - Data Architect/Developer certification (Required or working towards)
- Qlik Sense - Server Administration certification (Required or working towards)
- Business Objects certifications/training (Required or working towards)
- Python, R, SQL, Data Lake, test scripting, Microsoft Azure & Power BI (Beneficial)
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to Arc IT Recruitment.