Are you a qualified finance professional who genuinely wants to be part of a business’s journey as it continues to grow? Would you like to work alongside a collaborative senior leadership team whilst making a genuine impact?
Transparent is delighted to support this entrepreneurial MD and the business in the recruitment of a Financial Controller. For the successful candidate, there is a real opportunity to become fully embedded as a shareholder in time to come.
Taking a commercial view and drawing on your previous experience and acumen, you will act as a true finance business partner to the MD and the other directors. Key duties will include:
- Managing all finance and accounting operations
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the P&L, budgets and financial forecasts
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Cashflow forecasting and monitoring
- Oversee cash flow, finance admin - processing of invoices and payments.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Analysis of performance throughout business including pricing structure and strategy
- Control month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- To prepare and submit all HMRC returns including VAT, Employee Benefits, Corporation Tax and PAYE accurately
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Day to day management of accounts assistant and estimator
- Working with Sales and Operations to analyse results for areas of improvement
- Input and implementation of pricing strategies
- Control over cash flow and key reporting of business finances
- Completion of reports and filings as required
- Key decision maker in business investments
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations
- Commercially aware
Should this sound like your next step and you would like to understand more about this business and what this opportunity can offer, please contact Samantha Harris for further information.