* Well established & recognised educational campus delivering courses in 3D Animation, Game Design and Visual FX and delivering courses in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Online
* Sorry no visa sponsorship so locals Australian citizen, residents or work visa holders or NZ citizens considered.
* Can help with interstate relocation allowance.
Game Programming Teacher – Canberra onsite ASAP (can be part time)
Looking for an experienced game programmer to deliver the course for first year career Game Programming students at the Sydney campus, face to face.
The Game Programming course is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on industry-standard skills and knowledge. The successful applicant will deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year. Teaching experience is great, but not necessary. Strong communication skills, a team orientated attitude and commercial games programming development experience are essential.
The successful applicant will be working within a supportive and highly skilled team, across all campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Delivering the established course content for the Diploma of Information Technology and the Diploma of Screen and Media using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorials
· Assisting with planning, creation and development of new course materials
· Reviewing, as part of a team, current curriculum and updating as required
· Advising and assisting students on both programming and technical issues
· Monitoring student progress including attendance, course competencies, informal and formal assessments
· Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises
· Detailed, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++ and C# for game programming and the application of middleware.
· Ability to keep knowledge current with industry standards and further own learning as required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively within a team
· Prior teaching experience an advantage
· Formal qualification in a relevant area
· A degree or higher qualification in a relevant area and with industry experience
· Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
· 5-month probation period.
· Salary is negotiable depending on experience $65~70K + super
· Applicants need to be able to apply for, or currently hold, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
For full campus & job details, or to apply, please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games in Australia & NZ
+61 (0)427 690 971