Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Our client, a maritime training provider based in Glasgow, are looking for a Marine Instructor who will be responsible for the delivery of emergency response-based training programs, aimed at the Offshore Oil & Gas, Maritime, and Renewables Industries. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Demonstrate via appropriate qualifications, and a minimum of 3 years occupational experience, high levels of competence in the safe operation and practical use of Lifeboats in the maritime and/or offshore industries, Fast Rescue Craft and associated equipment.
- Crane / Davit operator experience.
- A1 Assessor or equivalent.
- Instructional techniques and process of training delivery.
- Delivering training courses to large groups of delegates.
- Knowledge of safety cultures within our industries.
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to organise teams, mentor staff and gain and maintain approvals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position. REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Delivering industry approved courses (OPITO, STCW, GWO, & Bespoke events).
- Supervising delegates during open water Lifeboat & FRC courses, along with pool-based courses.
- Carrying out delegate competency assessments against the required course criteria.
- Attending periodical operational meetings.
- Managing your weekly training schedule, set by the department lead.
- Promoting a positive safety culture around the worksite.
- Maintaining and updating courses to meet approval standards, following the Companies process and systems such as ISO 9001 but not limited to.
- Primarily involved with Marine based courses, you would be also expected to support the demands of Survival based programs.
- Occasional travel as required.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package