Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Sampled has been perfecting the science of biobanking, bioprocessing and analytics since 1999. By utilizing a technologically advanced infrastructure and the highest quality biomaterials, Sampled scientists and technicians work to convert precious biosamples into renewable resources thereby extending research capabilities. Sampled understands that research goals and objectives vary from project to project so we give each client individual and customized attention to ensure best fit service.
This is an exciting time to be joining Sampled as we continue to grow our facilities at BioCity near Glasgow.Reporting to the companys global Head of Facilities, you will be responsible for the general facilities management, health and safety, and environmental sustainability of the Companys sites in Scotland:Storage Suites, Biotechnology Laboratory, Warehousing, and Offices, and the safety of activities undertaken by Sampled staff at client sites.
Sampled offers the opportunity to join a global business with a passion for improving human health.If you are an experienced Facilities Manager, including HS&E responsibilities, this could be the next position in your career journey.
- General management of the companys Storage and Laboratory facilities within BioCity Scotland, and off-site Warehousing, sourcing/managing contractors; to include general repairs, site maintenance, cleaning programmes, HVAC, lighting and electrical systems, supply of consumables etc.
- Project manage changes to / investment in facilities and installation of new equipment, managing specialist contractors as required and in collaboration with the facilities Landlord and Technical Services team.Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget, providing regular status reports to key stakeholders.
- Manage an annual programme of 'smaller' improvement projects across sites including contractor management and contractor safety.
- Carry out facilities improvements by collaborating with the Technical Services team, Storage Manager and Laboratory Manager, including space planning, renovation and refurbishment
- Perform building monitoring and protection maintenance by regular inspections and maintenance activities of the fire alarm, lighting and electrical and HVAC systems
- Along with the Quality Director and Glasgow Site Leader, lead on the review and management of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- As the designated 'competent person' for health and safety maintain oversight of all aspects of Safety across facilities at BioCity Scotland, off-site Warehousing, and provide guidance to the Technical Services team.
- Review and develop the company's Safety Management System through the design and implementation of relevant policies, procedures and processes concerning Health and Safety (including risk/emergency management).
- Promote and monitor safe working practices across the business, analysing incident and near miss data to provide regular reporting and recommendations to the business and senior team.
- Ensure a safe and secure facilities environment by completing health and safety improvement checks both planned and reactive.Ensure Safe Systems of Work are developed and implemented for all activities, through risk assessments and operating procedures.
- Chair the monthly Health & Safety Committee and quarterly Management Safety Review, preparing content, activities, and programme initiatives.
- Work closely with insurers to progress recommended improvements and reduce risk.
- Actively monitor developments and changes in legislation in respect of health and safety requirements and advise on appropriate action as required.
- Deliver internal H&S training to new hires, for example manual handling
- Arrange external training to meet H&S requirements, for example Fork Lift Truck Licences, First Aid at Work, Fire Wardens, Working at Height etc.
- Maintain training records, in liaison with the Human Resources and Quality Assurance functions
- Involved in provision of information for external authority licences, for example HFEA and MHRA.
- Lead on the sustainability / green strategy for allocated sites, ensuring best practice of energy conservation in the use of heating, light, water etc. is developed and maintained.
- Develop and deliver sustainability improvements across suitable sites
- Develop and implement strategy for the consistent and efficient reduction and disposal of waste across all sites.
- Develop and maintain an integrated management system and associated documentation within the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001.
- Promote and coach others in the implementation of the HS&E Management System by personal exampleand leadership
- Be an effective team member, delivering quality customer service and ensuring issues are effectively resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in the Glasgow Site Management Team.
- Key contact for BioCity Scotland and WAPG HQ for facilities matters.
- Occasional travel may be required to other Sampled sites in the UK
- Champion of the Sampled Values:Strive to delight our clients, Move innovation forward, Accelerate your business, Rise together as a team, Transcend what is possible.
- Perform related responsibilities as needed.
- Extensive experience as a Facilities Manager, ideally in a scientific working environment
- Experience of a strong Health & Safety and Quality culture
- Qualified in Health and Safety Management, ideally NEBOSH Diploma
- Experienced in delivering internal Health & Safety training
- Working knowledge of ISO standards for Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Management
- Familiarity of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) advantageous
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience.
- Proven ability to manage projects and facilities budgets.
- Proven ability to deliver quality customer service and ensure issues are effectively resolved in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to maintain and grow relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills including ability to plan and organise own workload to ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner.Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Able to work independently, driven to deliver results.
- Able to undertake occasional travel within the UK
- Applies a continuous improvement approach, to achieve business excellence.
- Demonstrates sound business judgement, with excellent decision-making skills.
- Intellectually curious, willing and able to learn, with an interest in continued professional development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications