Looking for consumer centric marketing professionals with 10-12 years work-ex in innovation & product development space. Background in FMCG – personal care/ Beauty / skin care sector - or Consulting with Innovation support experience in product led industries preferred.
Job Purpose :
Role entails working with the Category Innovation Head to drive Innovation & synergies across our group companies. The intent of this role is to work on Products, Services innovations in Consumer facing categories. Every Category will have 2-3 people working with them. The work would be divided by Projects and /or by companies
Identifying Business relevant opportunities
· Understand category intelligence, consumer and Technology trends & future growth drivers.
· Generate regular category insights that could trigger new possibilities
· Identifying Impactful/ breakthrough Innovation opportunities for the Category basis adjacencies.
Translating ideas to valid business opportunities
· Scoping and Building strong Business cases for opportunities in discussion
· Crafting and Strengthening initial idea to a commercially valid strong product and proposition
· Owning or Supporting teams through product development & Mix development
· Guiding projects to launch and supporting post launch to first milestones.
Project management and Process Governance
· Anchor for overall project governance and management
· Co-Custodian of the innovation process through the project journey
Voice of consumer/ Customer & Brand
· Ensure consumer centricity at every stage of the project
· Validating consumer/ brand relevance at various stages
· Guiding the business team on Brand principles where required
Plug and Play Capability fill
· Work hand in hand with and ‘as’ business team members. Will require Building a strong understanding of business structures and value chains
· Bring in capabilities that business team will require for project success. Eg: product /research / design etc.
· Collaborating with outside in Technology sources/ startups / agencies / experts where required to bring in capabilities that may not exist inhouse