Ross & Baruzzini is an international technology, consulting, and engineering firm. We consistently achieve 'Best Place to Work' recognitions, place on the Zweig Group 'Hot Firms" list, and rank in industry publications as one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing architecture engineering firms. We succeed with a client- first, relationship-based approach and we excel in solving our customers' unique challenges. Through the commitment, integrity, and excellence of our employees, we believe all business is personal and that's the way we like it.
Experience in leading primary professional services architectural contact from initial project inception through completion. Plans, supervises, designs, and coordinates project activities to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
Follows hours allotted for work plan and staffing for each project phase. Delegates work assignment of appropriate personnel and consultants as appropriate
- Performs projects following the BIM Implementation Plan for the project including clash detection and conflict resolution based on the complexity of the project (after the firm's BIM Manager defines the minimum requirements). The Project Architect will follow the requirements as outlined in the BIM Execution Plan for their duties
- Prepares monitors and periodically reviews project progress with project schedule against milestones and set project dates
- Maintains through leadership a good working relationship with all members of the project team, confers with them and assures that proper communication and documentation are taking place
- Oversees and is personally involved with the production of drawings, specifications, reports, cost estimates and other documents and assures that quality standards are maintained
- Assures coordination is taking place (during all project phases) between in-house disciplines, consultants, client, client's consultants and contractors
- Establishes and monitors their assigned hours, to track the hours worked on the project and delegates project hours to others. Takes appropriate corrective measures to prevent hour overruns. Identifies additional effort for changes in services as appropriate to the Project Manager
- Oversees the construction procurement process including assisting the client in establishing list of bidders; obtaining competitive bids; evaluating bids
- Represents, advises and consults with the client during construction administration
- Oversees the proper close-out of the project
- Degree (BA or MA) from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience and/or training;
- Professional registration or eligibility required
- Intimate knowledge of Federal and Healthcare project deliverables and design standards
- Familiarity with Unified Federal Criteria, Specsintact, Anti-Terrorism Force Protection and VA Guidelines are required
- Credential or carries a USGBC certificate in LEED is a plus
- Design Build deliverable process is a plus
- Ability to interpret and analyze contract documents, blueprints, specifications, building codes, OSHA regulations and AIA documents
- Working knowledge of construction specifications, estimation, building and electrical codes and safety regulations
- Ability to understand and represent building systems and infrastructure components, wiring and network diagram
- Ability to follow written policy and verbal direction
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in written form
- Knowledge of scheduling methods
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of electronic production systems
- Understands sustainability and has a working knowledge of USGBC LEED
Equal Opportunity Employer
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Ross & Baruzzini is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.