Our Cedar Rapids Location is looking for an entry level Mechanical Design Engineer for portable rock crushing and screening machines!
- Work with Engineering Manager and other Mechanical Design engineers to produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to Impactor crushers
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function, and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers
- Follow team standards and processes in the areas of machine design, prototype development and field testing
- Utilize associated systems for engineering documentation, to ensure effective documentation of released and revised engineering data
- To investigate and address field issues in a timely manner
- Drive standardization of components and subassemblies within the portable crushing and screening product line
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent curriculum (entry level position)
- 3D CAD skills
- Familiarity with heavy equipment design
- Familiarity with hydraulic system design
- Familiarity with design of weldment
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with others to meet deadlines
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines with given resources
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident
- Able investigate root cause of machinery non-performance
Location: US-IA Cedar Rapids HR
Job ID: 34541
Terex Corporation is a $3.1 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world, and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector - come join us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.