Member Service Representative
West Melbourne, FL 32904
Apply Posted 06/22/2022 | | Full-time, Non-exempt | Depends upon skills and experience | All Positions
As an independent not-for-profit cooperative financial institution, Launch Credit Union is owned by and operated exclusively for the benefit of our members. Our committed and friendly staff is dedicated to providing excellent service and a comprehensive array of financial products. Our team members are eager to assist members with creative and flexible solutions for all of their financial needs.
As our Credit Union continues to grow, we are always seeking qualified personnel to join our team in providing our members with the quality service they deserve. If you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Launch Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Launch Credit Union participates in E-Verify.
The Member Services Representative (MSR) provides support and service to the members of the credit union by meeting their financial needs. The incumbent delivers high-quality customer service, listens to members' requests, and offers appropriate solutions. The MSR has direct contact with the members and must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The incumbent processes various member requests such as opening and closing accounts, updating existing account information, taking loan applications, and problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to identify member needs and recommends appropriate products and services.
- Conducts consumer loan interviews and sends application to underwriting for review and approval. Follows-up to determine the status of the loan. Disburses loan proceeds to the member.
- Determines and suggests referral opportunities using credit reports, member information, and credit union products. Offers debt protection products (e.g., GAP Insurance, Credit Life and Disability Insurance, and Extended Warranties) to members. Meets production expectations.
- Maintains a professional and courteous attitude with all people, including fellow employees, members, management staff, board members and vendors.
- Develops, maintains, and demonstrates a working knowledge of credit union loan and member service standards, policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensures member meets credit union membership eligibility requirements.
- Assists members with various services, to include opening and closings accounts, updates to existing accounts, safe deposit boxes, plastic cards, disputes/fraud, stop payment orders, wire transfers, etc.
- Assists members with credit union Digital Services products and services including troubleshooting issues.
- Resolves member issues promptly and professionally.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Monitors the member-tracking system and assists members in timely manner.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Follows and complies with all Launch policies and procedures.
- Completes compliance training assignments in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Minimum of three years of customer service preferably in a credit union or bank.
- A high school education or GED.
- An NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry) license is required.
- Displays courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are during personal contact with others inside and/or outside of the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information. Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to build rapport and establish trust and confidence with members.
- Detail oriented, organized, accurate, able to work under pressure, ability to adapt to change, and problem-solving skills. Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to learn credit union products, services, policies, and procedures, including the various types of loan products and electronic services. Ability to learn and understand the documentation that is required for each loan and how to read a credit report. Ability and willingness to refer credit union products and services.
- Proficient with the use of computers. Ability to use a calculator and initiative to learn new technology and tasks.
- Ability to learn and understand federal regulations.
- Ability to identify member needs and offer appropriate credit union products and services.
- Medical Insurance (available at reduced cost to employees)
- 401(K) (Eligible first business day of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 1 year of employment)