About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech. Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations being human-led is our true disruption.
Team and Position Summary:
This is the team that ensures our customers receive their orders as fast as they want and where they want, in a friction-less, predictable way. Build reusable SaaS products and services that manage our catalog and power end-to-end inventory management, ranging from replenishment and fulfilment to transportation. With end-to-end inventory management, ranging from replenishment and fulfilment to transportation, they provide our drivers and partners with the tools they need to get the right items, on time, in the right packaging to customers.
Our team is responsible for maintaining and upgrading Wal-Mart in-house applications and 3rd Party applications on the supply chain systems to make sure Supply chain operations are not interrupted due to any reasons. We interact with multiple teams across the company to provide scalable robust technical solutions.
- Bug fixing to the current applications.
- Develop enhancements to the existing code to cover the feature gaps.
- OS upgrade in Linux servers and cloud computes
- certificate renewals and installation in application
- Configure and maintain Jenkins to implement the process.
- Involve in Migration activity.
- Integrate various tools with Jenkins to schedule the builds and deployment.
- Configured SCM tools like Git for developers to check in their codes.
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments.
- Implement, Maintain, and support builds for project teams.
- Need to perform code deployment in Unix server and Native Cloud platform.
- Take part in support activities in issue identification, resolution and Root cause analysis.
- Fix all the ad-hoc vulnerabilities on time in order to maintain the application intrusion proof.
- Building tools that reduce manual effort.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Manage Server configuration through cloud computes.
- Create new instances in cloud environment and Deploy applications in cloud infrastructure
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating docker files for different environments.
- Implement Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Implement Continuous deployment (CD) push button deploy using Jenkins.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Application Development & Support
- 5+ years of experience in building/supporting of large scale applications using multiple technologies (i.e. Knowledge in Java/J2EE, Informix SQL, Spring Framework, Unix/Linux, Perl/Shell Scripting, Azure Cloud, GITHUB, Maven, Docker)
- 5+ years of experience in systems design, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Knowledge on ITSM, SNOW & JIRA tools
- Clouds hand-on knowledge is desirable
- Demonstrable experience as an integration and Maintenance Engineer in a related field
- Shell/Perl, Unix/Linux troubleshooting commands
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them
- Automation experiences using scripting and tools
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design
- Support certificate renewals
- Exceptional communication skills
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.