Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.Job Description
The Software QA team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test II to help drive software quality and continuous integration for an exceptional customer experience. The Software QA team is a driven group who are passionate about software technologies and strive for positively impacting patients' lives through innovation and engineering excellence.
You will be part of the software quality team testing the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. Own overall testing and quality of the technologies for which you are responsible. Lead the design and development of effective automated tests for new and existing product features. Drive investigation and analysis of issues and work closely with development, project management and cross-functional partners to drive excellent quality aligned with release schedules.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive test strategies/plans
- Design, create, enhance, and maintain detailed test cases and conduct hands-on testing, including integration testing
- Provide accurate planning, clear strategies, and milestones for testing leading to successful implementation and timely project completion
- Report, track and escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) and ensure closure on issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule
- Provide coaching to other team members for designing test strategies and test cases.
- Execute complex testing, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results independently
- Design, create, enhance, and maintain data simulators and automated testing framework to ensure excellent testing coverage.
- Assist with defining and implementing software quality improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional InformationCovid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant's COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on testing experience, including data-driven, full application testing, data-driven testing/backend testing including APIs
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on knowledge of programming and scripting languages in a linux environment (Python is highly preferred)
- Prior experience with software test automation tools
- Experience in documentation and test planning for software components
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and people skills
- knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins/kubernetes and docker
- Experience in testing regulated software (Medical Device software testing preferred)
- Experience working in a fast paced and highly technical Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project experience
- You can work proactively, independently and as part of a team on multiple tasks and projects, and quickly learn new technologies
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/