Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients' best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do from keeping the bank safe, managing global resources, and providing the technical tools our workers need to be successful to designing our digital architecture and ensuring our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. We reimagine client and partner experiences to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and efficient services.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We'll enable growth and progress together.About Our Team:
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations and is responsible for delivering reliable IT solutions, scalable infrastructure services, and secure capabilities while creating a trusted customer experience and enabling Citi's workforce to be the best for our clients. Making the bank simpler, greener, and better connected while powering it with trusted, well-secured data, and automating policy enforcement through code are all at the heart of our refreshed global strategy. Data Quality, Simplification, Environmental Stability, Automation, and Service Excellence are the key pillars and priorities on our strategic journey.CTI Business Operations
enables technology managers across the organization to effectively manage their resources and deliver their commitments in support of CTI's strategy, goals, and performance metrics. This is achieved through the provision of commercial aspects of CTI, analytics and reporting (including expense and productivity), workforce, real estate, supplier management, leadership and talent development, including entry level and pipeline programs, and employee engagement and communications.
The Employee Engagement, Product Marketing, and Change Adoption Team
manages and strengthens CTI's internal employee engagement, culture, onboarding, as well as talent and development initiatives. The team elevates knowledge and understanding of organizational changes and structures within CTI, ensures awareness of technology strategies across CTI and Citi, and drives user adoption through change management and impactful technology marketing.In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.Job Overview:
This is an Engineering/Development position in Inventory Data & Enterprise Application Services (IDEAS) Observability group that will play a key role in Architecting / Planning and developing an observability platform for Citi's technology teams.
IDEAS - Observability organization is responsible to deliver and manage a full-stack Observability solution for various critical applications, infrastructures across traditional compute environments on-premise and public cloud across Citi globally. Our primary goal is to provide telemetry data (log, metrics, events) to monitor and self-heal systems and application globallyResponsibilities:
- Create a one-stop full-link diagnosis, indicator monitoring, intelligent alarming, diagnosis workflow and self-healing platform
- Collaborate with vendor, security, and risk / compliance teams to ensure there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements
- Address security vulnerability gaps with software products with an automated deployment and implementation
- Drive standardized implementation of metrics collecting solution for Observability as well as for long term inventory
- Develop Metrics management standards and promote its application on business indicators and call links
- Highly technical and hands-on experience and developed highly scalable and mission critical observability platform(s).
- Develop visualizations in Grafana providing single pane views for end user experience, application, infrastructure & security
- Collaborate with the business teams to develop metrics measuring the performance against initiatives and report on those to stakeholders.
Job Family Group:
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with various agents and collectors (Fluentbit, Prometheus Exporters, Open telemetry, Splunk)
- 5 to 7 years of experience in developing applications in python, java, node.js, golang
- Strong experience in address security vulnerabilities with software.
- Extensive experience in working with time series data, as well as critical application metrics e.g. java Jmx, thread pools, GC, etc
- Good technical knowledge in implementing, troubleshoot, performance tuning of hardware, operating system, and system service.
- Knowledge in Enterprise monitoring systems (such as Nagios, Dynatrace, Grafana, Prometheus etc..)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- A good team player and able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move towards consensus.
- Solid Agile understanding / experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
Systems & EngineeringTime Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.