We are looking for a Software Engineer to join Restoration Hardware to assist with our journey to Microservices. To be part of this effort, you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, be a self- motivated achiever and is excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions, which raise the bar. You will actively help design and code our core platform Microservices for Commerce as a Service in a fast paced Agile environment that will offer plenty of opportunities to learn and fail fast. A broader team of experienced platform architects will help facilitate your knowledge and career growth in support of this position.
Our vision is to build a world-class commerce platform for RH as a whole, which would bring that enabling technology into our galleries, e-commerce and supply chain operations to continue to ensure the first class experience our customers have come to enjoy. Responsibilities:
- Understand the development of Microservices as part of a global commerce platform.
- Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features for our global web properties.
- Construct and integrate your developed software components to meet all functional and non-functional requirements.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or math related field.
- 2-6 years or more of total experience.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience on Java/Spring.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize unstructured information and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of distributed systems architecture and cloud technologies.
- General exposure to Java 8.
- General knowledge of Spring and the Spring ecosystem.
- General knowledge of a NoSQL data store technology or other polyglot persistence types (Couchbase, Cassandra, etc..).
- General understanding of decoupled application design standards and best practices.
- General knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, threading and modularization.
- General knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and Microservices.
- Exposure to Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, & Spring Security
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building e-commerce platforms using off-the-shelf and open source frameworks.
- Experience in agile methodologies.
RH is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.